News from the knitting and fibre community, inspirations, resources and happenings.
- My new favourite way to get a neat edging in my knitting.
- Blacker Yarns released their anniversary yarn Cornish Tin II this week. I highly recommend getting your hands on a skein if you can. If it is even half as nice as the other Blacker Yarns I have tried, it will be well worth it. Also, the colours are stunning.
- Brooklyn tweed published their fall look book. I am in love with Brighton (especially in that colour)
- The ongoing Fringe KAL has been a well of inspiration for me. Incredible top-down jumpers and cardigans are coming to life. It is more than worth it to check this Instagram hashtag regularly.
- Woolly happenings in the UK this weekend. This weekend in Yorkshire Yarndale is happening (I am going for the first time and am really excited!) and in Shetland the Shetland Wool Week is starting on Saturday.
And I also just want to mention quickly that I will be releasing a new pattern next week. Kirkstall Mitts are fingerless mitts with a garter pattern at the top and a folded wrist band. And timing couldn’t be better, the weather is just starting to be cold enough to justify wearing mitts. As much as I love sunny and warm weather, I have been waiting for cold weather so I could finally wear my mitts.